The Great Commandment: Jesus said, “Love the Lord your God with all of your heart..soul..and mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself. All the Law and Prophets hang on these two commandments.” Matthew 22:36-40
The Great Commission: Jesus said, “Go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you.” Matthew 28:19-20
The Essentials We Believe:
1. About God: God is the Creator and Ruler of the universe. He has eternally existed in three personalities: The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit. These three are co-equal and are one God.
Gen 1:1,26,27; Ps 90:2; Mt 28:19; 1 Pet 1:2; 2 Cor 13:14
2. About Jesus Christ: Jesus Christ is the Son of God. He is co-equal with the Father, Jesus lived a sinless human life and offered Himself as the perfect sacrifice for the sins of all people by dying on a cross. He arose from the dead after three days to demonstrate His power over sin and death. He ascended to Heaven’s glory and will return again some day to reign as King of Kings, and Lord of Lords.
Mt 1:22,23; Isa 9:6; Jn 1: 1-5; 14:10-30; Heb 4:14, 15; 1 Cor 15:3,4; Rom 1:3,4; Acts1:9-11; 1 Tim6:14-15;Titus 2:13
3. About the Holy Spirit: The Holy Spirit is co-equal with the Father and the Son of God. He is present in the world to make men aware of their need for Jesus Christ. He also lives in every Christian from the moment of salvation. As we claim in faith His infilling, He provides the Christian with power for living, understanding of spiritual truth, and guidance in doing what is right. He gives every believer a spiritual gift. As Christians, we seek to live under His control and daily empowerment.
2 Cor 3:17; John 16:7-13,14,16,17; Acts 1:8; 1 Cor 2:12, 3:16; Eph 1:13; Gal 5:25; Eph 5:18; Acts 8:14-17; Acts 11:15-17
4. About the Bible: The bible is God’s Word to us. It was written by human authors, under the supernatural guidance of the Holy Spirit. It is the supreme source of the truth of Christian beliefs and living. Because it is inspired by God, it is the truth without any mixture or error.
2 Tim 3:16; 2 Pet 1:20,21; 2 Tim 1:13; Ps 119,105,160, 12:6; Prov 30:5
5. About Human Beings: People are made in the spiritual image of God, to be like Him in character. People are the supreme object of God’s creation. Although every person has tremendous potential for good, all of us are marred by an attitude of disobedience toward God called “sin”. This attitude separates people from God and causes many problems in life.
Gen1:27; Ps 8:3-6; Isa 53; 6a; Rom 3:23; Isa 59:1,2
6. About Salvation: Salvation is God’s free gift to us , but we must accept it. We can never make up for our sin by self-improvement or good works. Only by trusting in Jesus Christ as God’s offer of forgiveness, can anyone be saved from sin’s penalty. When we turn from our self-ruled life and turn to Jesus in faith, we are saved. Eternal life begins the moment one receives Jesus Christ into his life by faith.
Rom 6:23; Eph 2:8,9; Jn 14:6, 1:12; Titus 3:5
7. About Eternity: People were created to exist forever. We will either exist eternally separated from God by sin, or eternally in union with Him. To be separated from God is Hell. To be eternally in union with Him is eternal life. Heaven and Hell are real places of eternal existence.
Jn 3:16; Jn 14:17; Rom 8:17-18; Revelation 20:15; 1 Cor2:7-9